Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sharp AQUOS LC52LE700UN 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV Review

Sharp AQUOS LC52LE700UN 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I was a bit hesitant to buy this TV as I was waiting for a price drop on the Samsung LN52B750 52-Inch 1080p 240Hz LCD HDTV with Charcoal Grey Touch of Color for several days. Then, at Fry's I saw Sharp's new LC52LE700UN standing next to Samsung's LN52B750 and they both looked quite similar, though Samsung's screen was slightly brighter. The picture quality appeared to be the same. I grabbed the Sharp's remote and changed the picture settings and I was able to increase the backlight up to match Samsung's level while still maintaining amazing contrast ratio and black levels.
By the end of the day I decided to go for the Sharp TV, and I had it for almost a week now. The picture looks really great at any time of the day, when the room is dark or lit (we have a side window facing south). The TV's sound is pretty good and clear, but I decided in advance that I'd like good external speakers to match this great TV.
The TV features also a VGA input (there's also an S-Video input), which is handy for connecting a computer or laptop. I tried connecting my MacBook Pro yesterday and it was able to drive it at 1344x756 (16:9) and 1344x1008 (4:3), but I couldn't get 1920x1080. The picture looks sharp, and it was good enough to watch Hulu on it.
If there's one thing I don't like about it, it's the remote, which is not really stylish to say the least (Samsung's glossy remote looks much better). That's not a deal breaker, since most common function (Power, volume, input selection) can be done by almost any Blu-ray remote anyway (I have Samsung BD-P3600 blu-ray player remote, which looks great).
Overall, this is an excellent TV for the price and the picture quality is comparable to higher-end Samsung TVs which cost few hundred dollars more.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Sharp AQUOS LC52LE700UN 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Sharp AQUOS LC52LE700UN 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV

0 comments:

Post a Comment