Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I was very hesitant to purchase this speaker after reading the abyssmal reviews by other customers. I chanced it and went ahead and ordered it anyway trusting the Sony name.
My intent with purchasing this speaker was to be able to stream music to other locations in my house, particularly Pandora Internet Radio. I am pleased to say, even though other reviewers have stated Pandora will not stream, that I am doing it as I type this review. I have a Sony Blue-Ray disc player that contains internet content, including Pandora, and is Home-Share compatible as well as Party-stream compatible (just like this speaker). I'm not sure where the other reviewers' difficulties were; perhaps in other equipment that wasn't compatible with this speaker.
This speaker is also DLNA compliant (if you don't know what that is, Google it and find out...I did.....I don't want to get carpal tunnel explaining it here). My PC is not DLNA compliant, nor does it have the appropriate OS to stream directly from my computer to the speaker (instructions said I had to download Windows Media Player 11...when I tried, it wouldn't install because I had to have Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 or later....mine is XP 2002; so that wouldn't work). Again, Google is awesome and solved my problems. My Sony Blue-Ray disc player is also DLNA compliant, so I Googled "how to make my PC DLNA compliant" and I was able to find Twonky. Twonky is a third-party server that you can activate on your computer which my Sony Blue-Ray player will recognize. I am in the middle of the 30 day free trial and if I decide to buy(which I will), it only costs 20 bucks. Essentially, I can now stream all of my music from my computer (including i-Tunes podcasts, music, etc.) to the Blue-Ray player, which, in turn, streams it to this Sony speaker. It is truly amazing and I am probably going to buy a couple more for the house.
The reason(s) I didn't give this product 5 stars is that the range appears to be somewhat limited (I was unable to locate a written max range anywhere) and can sometimes be intermittent....although I find this to be the exception rather than the norm. This speaker is somewhat smaller than I thought it was going to be; when I first picked up the box I thought they forgot to pack anything in it. Additionally, sound quality is just OK.....if I had to do it over again, I probably would have gotten the bigger one.
Hope this helps!!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Sony SANS300 HomeShare Wi-Fi Network Speaker (Black)
Listen to music wirelessly streamed from your PC or Sony Blu-ray Disc home theater system with the compact SA-NS300 Wi-Fi Network Speaker including subwoofer capabilities. This speaker delivers amazing sound and allows share your music in other rooms by adding more speakers and using PartyStream playback.
Click here for more information about Sony SANS300 HomeShare Wi-Fi Network Speaker (Black)
0 comments:
Post a Comment