Tuesday, March 5, 2013

HP 8X DVDrw USB Retail Review

HP 8X DVDrw USB Retail
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I recently purchased one of these units. It's attractive, and the hardware seems to work pretty well.
However the software provided with the unit, Nero 9 Essentials, is horrible! Despite struggling for an hour, I still wasn't able to figure out how to use the Lightscribe portion of the software -- all I could print on the discs is the date, no other text. I'm clearly not doing something right, but the software simply isn't intuitive at all!
But worse than that, in installing this Nero software, it reprogrammed my computer to assign *every* A/V, photo, video, and audio file format to use Nero by default -- even though I already had Microsoft Media Player, Quicktime, and other similar applications installed, and configured the way I like them. It even set itself as the default player for A/V file formats it can't even play without paying extra money to Nero to upgrade it!
There was no warning provided before it did this, no opportunity to select which files I wanted to associate with the Nero software, which is the typical, reasonable and well-behaved software approach.
In short, the Nero software is rude, obnoxious, and has resulted in me having to spend quite a bit of time attempting to restore the file associations I had established before installing it.
Do yourself a favor and find a DVD Writer that doesn't use Nero Software, or at least something more well-behaved than the Nero 9 Essentials this unit ships with.

Click Here to see more reviews about: HP 8X DVDrw USB Retail



Buy NowGet 25% OFF

Click here for more information about HP 8X DVDrw USB Retail

0 comments:

Post a Comment