Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I recently purchased this unit from Amazon for my laptop. Frankly, the price was a large factor in my decision. The unit is VERY small, very light weight and it works well. It derives power from a USB port ( both USB data and power cord are included with the unit), which is my only complaint. I use mine with a Dell Inspiron that is a few years old, runninf Windows XP and with only 2 USB ports. I use it as my primary desktop / laptop, so a USB extender port hub was a necessity. Unfortunately, the DVD writer causes too much of a power surge. Simple fix, though, I just bought a power convertor / charger for USB and connected the unit's power USB to the port on the convertor / charger. Software CD Rom included was not a big help and the programs included ( Nero et al) aren't all that new or as fast as newer programs. Regardless, the burner works well, has a very small foot print and is priced very competetively.
Click Here to see more reviews about: USB 2.0 portable Slot Loading External Burner 8X DVD+/-RW/-RAM/DL Drive for HP 2133 Aspire One Inspiron Mini 9 Wind U100 U90 Lenovo Ideapad S10 ASUS EEE PC ASUS EEE BOX PC HP Mini 1000 and most other Laptops
0 comments:
Post a Comment