Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)First off the box includes driver disc, crossfire bridge, vga adapter and case sticker and two molex to pci-express power adapters. It is a pci-e 2.1 but it will fit in a 2.0 slot which is were I am currently using it in. Installation was a breeze, card is a good size and I have included a picture of the card sitting on a standard sheet of copy paper. I used the HIS website for the most current drivers and was off and running without any problems on windows vista 64bit. The first thing I noticed was how much smoother my gameplay was on bad co. 2 and aliens vs predators on all high settings both being dx11 games I was pleasantly suprised running a resolution of 1920x1080 on 24" dell HD monitor with AA set at 4x and AF on 8 on bad co 2 I was getting frames as high as 108 and during heavy fight scenes 45 but averaging steady frames of 60 and above. Coming from a his 6850 I saw alot of improvement all around, this is the third HIS card I've owned and have yet to be dissapointed by them and would consider them my first choice in graphics cards especially there iceq models. The card puts out slightly less heat then my old 6850 but cools much better. My specs are as follow:
cpu amd phenom x4 965 stock settings of 3.4ghz
memory G.skill 8gb of ddr3 10666 timing 8-8-8-24
motherboard msi 880gm-e43
ultra x4 600w power supply
2 vertex 60gb ssd drives in raid 0
I ran a heaven benchmark an obtained a score of 817 with direct x11, shaders on high, tesselation normal, AF 4x, AA 4x, res 1920x1080 on full screen and my average fps 32.4 minimum 19.7 max 60.7 so all in all pretty impressed. This with my cpu at stock settings my goal is to overclock to 3.8ghz. I still plan on running a vantage mark 3d benchmark and will post update soon, I was just really eager to use this bad boy. I don't plan on overclocking this card as it come already factory overclocked at 840mhz vs the standard 800mhz core clock. It also boasts an impressive 2gb of ddr5 memory which should help in rendering very high resolution if you like gaming on large tv's.
As far as looks goes this thing is very sexy, I didn't think I would like the light blue or that it wouldn't match well with my case but it looks great! I have a side panel window and those massive heat pipes look awesome (NZXT M59 case if your wondering). I purchased this card in preperation of battlefield 3 :) there really was nothing wrong with my 6850 rather I was dissapointed in amd's card rebranding for the 6000 series cards so I just decided to go for the 6950 instead very happy with my choice. I will post an updated review if I encounter any issues with this card as it is still early on in my time of ownership.
Click Here to see more reviews about: HIS Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2GB (256bit) GDDR5 2x Mini-DisplayPort HDMI 2x DVI (HDCP) PCIe X16 2.1 Video Card H695QNT2G2M
ATI Radeon HD 6950 Key Features, GDDR5 memory interface, PCI Express 2.1 x16 bus interface, "Eye-Definition" graphics, AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology, AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration, AMD HD3D technology, AMD CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, Cutting-edge integrated display support, Integrated HD audio controller, AMD PowerPlay power management technology, AMD Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software
0 comments:
Post a Comment